Youth Service is Rotary International’s Fifth Avenue of Service. It recognises the positive change implemented by youth and young adults through leadership development activities, involvement in community and international service projects, and exchange programs that enrich and foster world peace and cultural understanding.
In our District the role of the District Youth Service Committee is to recommend, co-ordinate and support clubs in District 9800 to deliver effective Youth Service programs which include:
- Youth Exchange Program (YEP)
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA)
- Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment (RYPEN)
- Model United Nations Assembly (MUNA)
- Science Programs – National Youth Science Forum (NYSF) and The Science Experience
- Rotary Youth Public Speaking Program
- Rotaract, Interact and Earlyact
These programs are either District Managed, District Endorsed or District Supported programs. Essentially, the objective is to provide innovative and practical opportunities, to assist and motivate young people in our communities to acquire learning and life skills.